Proclamation for The Reformation of The Church Of Scientology To Restore Truth, Justice and The Constitutional and Human Rights of All Members and Non-Members,
October 31st, 2017
1. The fundamental principles that guide reason, love and peace are the essence of a sane civilization and can never be ignored.
2. Religion is charged with the stewardship of the spiritual nature of man regardless of the name given to the Cause of the Universe invoked. All beliefs are honored and respected.
3. Faith in God gives meaning and purpose to human life and it cannot be “bought.”
4. The brotherhood of man transcends the sovereignty of nations and the activities of any group.
5. The core of a society is the family unit, and nothing should ever come between the love and caring of family members or their rights to choose their own lifestyles.
6. There is no freedom unless you are free to discuss, ask questions, read contrary views, and determine for yourself what is true for you.
7. Every person has the right to the peaceful enjoyment of his life and the liberty to pursue happiness in any way he chooses that does not harm another.
8. Diversity is the joy of life. Any attempt to repress the freedom of personal or artistic expression is harmful to a society’s wellness.
9. It is only through education and dialogue that tolerance and kindness can prevail amongst those with differing beliefs.
10. Opportunity is not a right of the privileged but a privilege for those who have more to share with those who have less.
11. Those who learn to look for the good in others can recognize the good in themselves and are truly blessed.
12. Our planet is the home to us all and we all need to be responsible custodians to ensure its safety and the survival of future generations.
13. Our children are our future. It is up to the elders of the society to leave this planet better than it was when they entered it.
14. Being happy is more important than being right; practice forgiveness, not condemnation.
15. Feeling safe is the core need and right of every person and may not be violated.
16. Economic justice can best be won by free people through a free society.
17. Being impeccable with one’s word extends integrity and creates an atmosphere of innocence and trust.
18. As we all live together on this planet, we must learn to look at what is the same in us all that joins us together while we heal the beliefs that create imagined separation and seek to keep us apart.
19. No-one should ever be prevented from having a right to contribute their time and energy in helping themselves, family, community, or society
20. Man is basically good and we must learn to look past his wrong-minded actions to forgive while we remember his eternal truth.
21. Compassion and forgiveness are the foundations of any religion and these principles cannot be forgotten.
22. Everyone should be encouraged to always do the best that they can and when needed to be corrected, responsible for any mistakes made, not punished as an unforgivable sinner. Atonement heals the mind, not monetary indulgences
23. We must learn to be the change we seek in the world. Our actions send the true message of what we value and stand for.
24. Acceptance of oneself and others leads to unity, judgment causes separation and disconnection.
25. Love is the guiding principle for an enlightened life. Love thyself to have love to give another.
26. The best way to defeat your perceived enemies is to make them your friends. Those who do are blessed.
27. There are many paths to enlightenment and like the spokes on a wheel they all lead you to the center of Truth. Those who respect each other’s journey are blessed.
28. Giving is receiving. Living a life that is for-giving enhances all, living a life for-getting, creates fear, scarcity and discontent.
29. Developing a vision of oneness encourages respect and appreciation of every culture to create a tapestry of existence that benefits all.
30. The free movement of information in society through online or direct means, is inviolable.
31. Open hearts and clear minds allow one’s light of Truth to shine upon others, we can’t give what we don’t have.
32. There shall be no Church policies abridging anyone’s freedom of speech, reading or online searching.
33. All people, regardless of their religious preference are created equal. Each is endowed by their Creator with inalienable rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
34. We all have the right to believe in what we want to believe, to be a member of a religion or to withdraw from a religion.
35. We all have the right to make up our own minds, to think what we like, to say what we think, and to share our ideas.
36. When you undertake to demand your members “This you may not read, this you may not see, this you are forbidden to know”; the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Should this occur, it will be immediately corrected.
37. Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes the freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive, and impart information and ideas through any media regardless of one’s position.
38. No agency less than God has the power to suspend or set aside the rights delineated here either overtly or covertly.
39. Again, practice, promote, and encourage fair treatment and mutual understanding, and respect among all members and non-members of all social and religious groups.
40. Family rights are a basic, fundamental, and deep-rooted value in our society and may not be infringed upon.
41. Ensure all policies are founded on the principle that if one gets himself into trouble by communicating, he should communicate more to create understanding. More communication, not less, is the answer.
42. Affirm that the sole purpose of justice is to establish the truth of a matter and determine guilt or innocence and that no one will be refused this right.
43. Insist that justice matters to all parties who are guaranteed the right to present the truth using procedures which are fair.
44. Insist that in all justice matters, an accused has access to any reports against him and has the right to face and question his accusers. No-one will be found guilty of doing something until it is proven where evidence and witnesses are presented to be fully examined, contested, and questioned.
45. Affirm that personal integrity is knowing what you know and having the courage to say what you have observed which no one shall interfere with
46. Affirm your obligation to protect the interests of personal dignity to secure individuals against domestic strife and unrest from any Church action or policy.
47. Affirm as a Church you are required to promote the interests, rights, and privileges of individuals that always honor their constitutional rights.
48. Those who only cause others what they can experience easily and find pleasing are truly blessed.
49. The enumeration in the Constitution of certain rights, shall not be denied to disparage members or non-members.
50. Only through transparency can one honestly know what they are agreeing to. This right must always be protected.
51. Religious freedom to practice these beliefs must never be denied.
52. Affirm never to conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured by the Constitution or the laws of the United States.
53. Terminate all policies and directives that harass, intimidate or otherwise, seek to damage either a person or reputation of anyone who expresses anything that criticizes Hubbard, COB, or the Church.
54. Build ideal relationships instead of demanding indulgences to build ideal buildings.
55. Again, lead by example to embody the highest principles of your aims to stay in alignment with them.
56. Encourage rampant acts of kindness instead of false PR illusions.
57. The Church is encouraged to walk the path of truth and not just talk the talk as actions do speak louder than words.
58. Religious practices must be engaged in knowingly and voluntarily, for coerced religious practices are threats to society and is slavery.
59. Church practices conducted in a coercive environment are not entitled to first amendment religious freedom guarantees or tax exemption.
60. Again, take responsibility for emotional injuries others have suffered through your practices and make amends.
61. Affirm that you have a duty to your members to protect their rights and freedom.
62. Abolish the policy of disconnection and institute a policy of handling those who disagree with compassion, reason and forgiveness.
63. Give amnesty to all who have been asked to disconnect of any actions that they took in retaliation or defense since and ensure it is published widely online and in the media.
64. Refund payments made by anyone who was forced to get special handling because of a Suppressive Person declaration.
65. Make amends to all individuals and their families in accordance with appropriate compensation as determined by an independent group.
66. Ensure a balanced Board of Directors is in place to supervise the operations of the Church and related organizations.
67. IAS, COS, and any and all other related organizations doing business or affiliated with the Church is to publicly announce the mistakes made by the Church of following disconnection, fair game or other unjust policies to apologize and make amends.
68. Restore the ability for all members to enjoy their rights to privacy.
69. Immediately correct all references to Hubbard’s unsubstantiated claims as written in Dianetics and Scientology published documents.
70. Provide an open forum which includes the chairman of the Church’s Board and other senior officials for individuals to air their grievances without fear of retribution.
71. Explain in detail, that Scientology is the study of the beliefs of L Ron Hubbard and it has never been scientifically validated.
72. Acknowledge that L Ron Hubbard never achieved the level of OT as he defined it as complete power over matter, energy, space and time or the ability to heal bodies.
73. Ensure all Sea Org members are fully provided for as they age to ensure they are cared for with dignity and respect.
74. Ensure all Sea org and staff members are provided a reasonable wage and health care benefits.
75. Forgive all freeloader debts outstanding and give appreciation for the great efforts made while on post.
76. Implement a policy that security checking may never be used to coerce or intimidate.
77. Again: transparency provides an important level of trust for all members. A thirty-year forensic accounting review is to be done and published.
78. Again- people are alive as they can communicate and contribute while an organization is as alive as it contributes to the well-being of others.
79. A new civilization can only be obtained by each member able to follow the truth in their heart and have the freedom to share it.
80. He who speaks his truth, will not be punished for his position, but let him instead be blessed
81. He who seeks to squash, limit, or control personal expression let him be gently taken offline to be powerless at intimidating others.
82. The true treasure of the Church is the benefits it has helped others obtain.
83. End VIP and other special designations or favors given based on amount of donations to Church entities.
84. As above, so below. All members are granted equal beingness regardless of their levels of donations or monetary indulgences paid to OSA.
85. Knowledge reports may not be written on anyone before a communication with the person involved has occurred.
86. Should a knowledge report ever be necessary, a copy of this report is always sent to the person involved allowing them an opportunity to contest it.
87. Failure to first confront another to resolve grievances or provide them a copy of any accusations, makes their report null and void.
88. Scientologists are to be encouraged to be involved with their community and other religions demonstrating tolerance and compassion.
89. Psychiatrists and psychologists are to be granted beingness and validated for their highest intention to help the suffering of those in need.
90. Again, represent the highest ideals to look for the good and remove all judgments that diminish anyone.
91. Again- forgiveness is an ongoing commitment to releasing all grievances to be able to see a person as their Higher Self.
92. Again, each person is an extension of the grace of their Creator and is to be treated as such.
93. Those who are vigilant against the impulses of fear that might lead to attacking and/or defending, are to be blessed.
94. Only in the knowledge of our truth while abiding in faith, defenselessness, and compassion, are we truly blessed and free.
95. And thus, be confident of abiding in peace to create heaven within our hearts and minds to share with others.
In honor of the 500th year of Martin Luther’s posting of his 95 Theses, humbly tendered by Brian J. Sheen, a former member of the Church of Scientology, in the hope of reconnecting with his daughter and grandson and encouraging open discussion, honesty, and protection of human rights to improve relationships with their members and the world.
By my Hand, Brian J. Sheen